Sherardizing, Thermal Zinc Diffusion, is the forming of a uniform corrosion-resistant coating of zinc-iron alloy on the surface of iron or steel objects by means of a metallurgical vapor diffusion process. The sacrificial zinc-iron alloy layer formed provides corrosion protection to the coated steel components.
• Uniform zinc-iron alloy coating •
• Protection of irregularly shaped and recessed components •
• Even coating of hollow and tubular components •
• Thermal diffusion of a wide range of steel components i.e. spring steel, cast iron, sintered and low carbon steels •
• The thermally diffused surface is ideal for the further application of duplex coatings, powder coating, and vulcanising •
• No Hydrogen embrittlement •